cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACK UP DOMINO DATABASES

eee_rrr
Level 2
Hello,
i've backup exec 10 and the agent for domino databases.

backup exec is on a w2003 server and domino on a W2000 remote server

i've installed backup and the agent like it 's said to do on this support.

i tried to install the patch and the hotfix 17,and i think i've tried almost every idea that is on this site ( and i must have reboot my both server each time.....)

but,it looks that i could keep on reading everu post on the forum and try every idea i could find, i would never see my domino databases in my selection...

so , does anybody could tell me how i could make it works ???

i mean...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllp please....
8 REPLIES 8

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if you are able to see the "Lotus Domino Databases" icon available in Backup Exec selection list after installing Lotus Agent ?

If yes, what can you see under that icon ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Paull_Dodemaide
Level 2
Hi... I have the exact same problem.. I have tried everything I can find on this site to try and fix it. I am using version 10.5520 with hotfix 17 installed. The NoteAPI trace does NOT work, so i cant find any information about corrupt databases. The Lotus Domino Databases check box is greyed out, but I can and select the drive that has the data on it, makes Backup Exec hang for a short while, and then returns NO databases. The backup works fine in 8.6, so im stuffed if i know where the problem lies.. Surely there is something that can be done to get this work. Happy to provide more info if required..

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried reinstalling of the lotus agent once ??

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Paull_Dodemaide
Level 2
I have tried it as a remote agent, and also as backup exec installed on the same server as the domino server. Both give the same error, with no databases to back up.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Search for notes.ini on the Lotus Notes server and make sure that there is one in the domino folder

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Paull_Dodemaide
Level 2
Yes, there is a Notes.ini, in the Domino directory. I checked it out and its pointing to the correct directories. Any other suggestions ??

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

which version of lotus domino are you uisng?
Verify if port 10,000 is open.

You can refer the following technote:-

http://support.veritas.com/docs/241441

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Carol_Thistleth
Not applicable
I too have similar problem. When in backup selection list, there is icon for Lotus Domino databases - however the list is truncated - many subdirectories under the Lotus\Domino \data subdirectory are not listed and consequently not backed up.

I can "see" and backup all Notes Domino files including .nsfs with the AOFO option - but that's not the proper way to do it and not the reason I purchased the Notes/Domino BE agent.

We are running Win 2003 Svr at SP1 with BE V10.0 Rev 5484 SP1, Hotfix 17, 8, 23

Note - BE did "see" the databases when it was installed in May and stopped "seeing" them about the time BE SP1 and Hotfix 17 were installed. Hotfix 17 was need to keep BE from stalling when backing up Notes but I wonder if it is now causing other problems. RANT has been reinstalled numerous times.

Thanks for any help.