cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10d IDR Preparation Wizard(error opening 52SSETUP2.EN_ and txtsetup.sif)

Derrick_Choo
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have a problem with making an IDR bootable CD for WIN2003 R2 with SP2 Servers.

When I go trough the IDR prep. wizard everything goes fine. At the moment I Click on the button "Next" by "Create and add files to CD image" I get two errors.

1st error: "Error opening "\\servername\c$Program files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\disk1\52SSETUP2.EN_" The system cannot find the file specified.

2nd error: "Error opening "txtsetup.sif" The system cannot find the path specified.

Is there someone who can help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Derrick
7 REPLIES 7

Jasper_Stoodley
Level 3
Derrick,

Any luck with this? I'm experiencing the same issue. I recently upgraded my system to 2003 R2 from 'R1' using a Microsoft VLK CD set with SP2 integrated.

Is Windows 2003 R2 actually supported in BE 10.1? The links I found on the Symantec website for 10d system requirements are now dead.

OS Version: Windows 2003 R2 Std Edition
BE Version: 10d (10.1 rev 5629 w/ SP3)

Brad_Willadsen
Level 3
Derek,

If you install the latest device drivers for 10d, this should work properly then.  You will have to recreate your DR file and IDR CD after installing this, and then run your restore again.

Here is the link to the latest drivers:

Jasper_Stoodley
Level 3
Brad,

I tried your suggested solution as it looked promising, but it did not work for me. I took a look at the associated CAB file and it didn't appear to contain the file ( 52SSETUP2.EN_) that Backup Exec seems to require.

Any other ideas?

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
Did you delete the .DR file & let it get recreated with a new full backup first & then recreate the IDR media?

Jasper_Stoodley
Level 3
Yes, I did do that but it doesn't seem to help.

cdorch
Not applicable

Hi,
I'm having the exact same problem as you were. Did you ever find a resolution to those errors?
Thanks, Carl

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
In the 10.0 timeframe when we were still using SIF files we would usually need to release an IDR patch anytime a new integrated CD was released and the end-user would need to re-create the IDR disk (which is documented in such hotfixes articles). However, 10.0 is fairly old (2004-2005) and I don't believe we were in active patch state for it once the SP2 integrated CD was released. So you would need to be on a newer version like 11.0.7170 (released early 2007... SP2 was released in March of 2007), 12.0 or 12.5  to get IDR support for that SP integrated CD. Sorry I did not put those two pieces (SP2 integrated CD & 10.0) together earlier.