cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10d large job tape spanning problem

Toasty_One
Not applicable
I work in an HP Windows shop. I have a DL360 G4 connected to an MSL6060, and two DL380 G3's connected to two MSL5024s. All running 10d with the latest service packs and agents. All my jobs are between 400 and 600gb. The
MSL6060 has 2 LTO2 drives in it and the 5024s have SDLT 320s. I have the libraries partitioned adequately and the media sets are configured with 3 day overwrite infinite append. Why does each job only backup 30-80gigs before spanning to another disk. I would expect the job to fill an LTO2 to at least 200gigs or more before spanning. It doesn't seem to matter what the media size is, BE does what it wants. All I want if for the job to fill a tape before spanning. I would love if the **bleep** thing could actually tell me what tapes it used. Identifying the first tape of the job is hardly enough info to use if a full restore is necessary. My current method is looking at the dates and times between the "backup sets by media set" report and pulling the same dates for all jobs in each media set before sending them off site. The problem is, the stupid report doesn't show half the tapes and completed jobs. I just wind up guessing. It is pretty frustrating since I've been working with BE for the past 7 years and this is the closest I've come to actually understanding all of it's functions.

Any help would be appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0