cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11D and GRT

Larsson
Level 3
Hello!

I am using Backup exec 11D SP3 with all available hotfixes. It is installed on a Windows SBS server and i'm currently using tapebackup (LTO 3) and disk based backups to a NAS.

The tape backup works fine, but when backuping Exchange with the GRT option to the NAS i keep getting this error:

"Backup- C: V-79-57344-4608 - The backup-to-disk folder that was specified for this job
must be on a local NTFS volume. Create a new backup-to-disk folder on a local NTFS volume
or modify the current folder, and then submit the job again."

I have been doing some research and i know that this seems to be a common problem. I am  pretty sure that disabling the GRT option will solve this but i need to be able to restore
individual items from Exchange. I am using the exact same setup on another site with version 12 of BE and i am not having any problems there.

So, is there a way to solve this in 11D or am i forced to upgrade to BE 12 to get this
solved?
3 REPLIES 3

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Remote Backup to Disk locations were not supported with Backup Exec 11d when GRT is enabled in the Backup properties.  Backup Exec version 12 was the first version of Backup Exec to support remote B2D locations with GRT enabled. 

Larsson
Level 3
Thanks for your reply!

Conclusion: I need the latest version of Backup Exec to get this to work.

I have another question. When upgrading from 11D to 12.5, will BE save all my backup jobs i have setuped? Or will it overwrite all my settings?

Lively
Level 5
An upgrade will keep all your jobs and settings for you.