cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d & Exchange 2007

Pavel_Grigorkin
Not applicable
Is BE 11d compatible with Exchange Server 2007?
27 REPLIES 27

The_STN_Guy
Level 4
Well said, Jason.

Actually I am rolling out an enhanced version of this site late next month. The name will also change to the "Symantec Technology Network" (the community voted on this name in December/January).

It will launch with what's here in terms of products on the forums -- but will quickly expand to include Symantec products used by enterprise and small/medium business customers.

We are also examining ways of better connecting customers with the answers and info they seek as fast as possible.

Stay tuned.

Jason_McClellan
Level 4
Thanks Tom. That's the kind of stuff I like to hear.

I look forward to seeing it!

While 'as fast as possible' is a laudable goal, speed isn't always numero uno - I don't mind waiting the time required, if I have some confidence that at the end I will get the information/answers/solutions I require. Especially with phone support, where if I am calling them, it's something really important. It doesn't matter how fast you get through to someone, if they lack the knowledge to help you.

Same goes with feature requests, enhancements, etc. Like people asking for Exchange 2007 support - it's not so much that it doesn't have it now, but that there's no info as to when it even might be there.

I appreciate your dialogue. Much better than some of the obviously foreign clueless trolls in the forums :)

Wojciech_Szaro
Level 3
Sooooo, does anyone know when Exchange 2007 will be supported?
I may be just daydreaming but it would be nice if 64-bit media server would support continuous protection as well....

Reto_Joller-Sch
Level 2
we have licensed a server with exchange 2003 and a backup agent for exchange.

now i would like to install a server with exchange 2005.

what do i have to install, so that i can save exchange 2005?

right now it is installed the version 11.0 Rev.6235, Hotfix 15.

thank you for your help.

kind regards,
retonull

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
Exchange 2007 (and Exchange 2005!?) still are not supported in Backup Exec. I would think we'll soon see a release that does... Though I don't think anybody (including Symantec) knows exactly when.

Russ

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
I find this quite disappointing. A post about DPM brings instant response. A legitimate concern about how to backup a standard, current release, extremely popular application is ignored.

If Symantec were concerned about their customers they would realize that by answering their CUSTOMER'S questions and COMMUNICATING with them they may be able to eliminate these non-Symantec references.

I came out of a Veritas BE environment. Up through 10d I was impressed with the product and at my new position it was the only backup solution I considered. After starting with 11d I'm now looking at other solutions. This is not because of us being sold on another product. It's because of the problems and inferior support by Symantec.

I have an Exchange 2007 rollout in the next 60 days. I have to protect that data. DMP is beta yet it will protect my data. What does Symentec have? Nothing but silence.

Symantec - you need to understand something. When you're in the door it's easy to expand your presence. If you've never been in the door you have a chance. If you were inside and got kicked out, the door is essentially closed forever. Right now you're getting yourself kicked out. All you have to do is to communicate with your customers and you can keep them. Ignoring customers is not a good business decision when products such as DPM are coming to market and they're showing so much promise.

It's your call. Keep them, or ignore them and watch them go somewhere else.

Reto_Joller-Sch
Level 2
symantec itselfs has written in the news on 2 february 2007 about a release "extends backup exec 11d to support microsoft exchange server 2007".
http://www.symantec.com/en/sg/about/news/release/article.jsp?prid=20070202_01

where can i download this release?
or is there really no update available right now?

thank you for your help,
reto

Wojciech_Szaro
Level 3
Hi all
this is what i got in an email from a Symatec rep, not sure if it's true ot if they're just saying that to make people buy their product...
"...patches will be released in April for Exchange 2007. If you would like to further discuss this please feel free to contact me..."