cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d Remote Agent crashes

Steffen_B_
Level 3
hi,

each time I backup my Win2003 SP1 Server with BE 11d the Remote Agent Service on the target system crashes with the following eventlog entry
----------------------
Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung beremote.exe, Version 11.0.6235.0, fehlgeschlagenes Modul oranls10.dll, Version 10.2.0.1, Fehleradresse 0x00038ece.
-----------------------
In the Backup Exec joblog is the following error message reported
0xe000fe30 - communication error
category: server failure
--------------------------------------------

There's a Oracle 10g DB on the server but I do not backup this database or any file of this. The Remote Agent crashes if I only backup the temp folder , for example.
I also tried to reinstall the Remote Agent but without any success.
I backup more than 20 servers but this error is only on one system.

can someone help me ?
6 REPLIES 6

Jeff_Zankofsky
Level 5
Employee
I'm not sure why beremote is trying to do anything with oranls10.dll.

Are there multple instances of Oracle on this server? If so, what versions, and which versions bin dir come first in you path statment?

Steffen_B_
Level 3
hi,
on the server there are two oracle instances but in my backup job there is now only one entry \\server\c:\*.* /SUBDIR and no oracle instance

In my first backup attempt I tried to backup the c: drive and one oracle instance also without success. Then I reinstalled the BE Remote Agent on the target system.

Rudolf_Fromme
Level 2
Hello,

I have also the same problem.
The moment I try to backup just a single file from a server with Oracle 10 installed, the agent crashes.
In the eventlog it claims about the oracle8core.dll.

Rudolf_Fromme
Level 2
Still nobody experiences the same error or has a sollution for this problem?

I already installed all hotfixes yet available for 11D and reinstalled the RE afterwards.

I don't know what it has to do with the oraclecore8.dll. I just want to backup files and System State.

I also openend a support call, but I don't have further information yet.Message was edited by:
Rudolf Fromme

Steffen_B_
Level 3
Hello,
I solved my problem with the oranls10.dll file - maybe i can help you

On my Database Server there was besides the Oracle 10 DB still an old Oracle 8 database which wasn't active or mounted (!) There were only the oracle 8 files on the system and though i doesn't backup these oracle 8 files or the database with the oracle agent, my backup crashes.

So I uninstalled the oracle 8 Database with the windows utility for software installation, then I deleted all the remaining oracle 8 files on the system, I uninstalled the Remote Agent Utility, reboot the system, i reinstalled the remote agent utility and then it works without an error.

I think BE wants to check the oracle authentification, always, even if you want to backup files or the system state - that's my experience and i'm not really happy about

Steffen_B_
Level 3
Thank you my problem is fixed I hope I could help you, too