cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d + Win2K3 + Quantum SuperLoader 3 Robotic Library vs Standalone?

Roger_Micone
Not applicable
Hello,
My setup is : Dell PowerEdge 4600, Windows 2003 Server, Backup Exec 11d, and a new Quantum SuperLoader 3 LTO3 autoloader.

I have an Adaptec SCSI card w/ to channels, one is connected to the Quantum LTO3 drive and the other has our old Dell PVT-122 DLT vs80 library attached. In the device tab of BE 11d the library for the Dell PVT shows up under robotic libraries but the LTO3 shows up as a Standalone?

All drivers and firmware are up to date, but I'm at a loss as to how to get Veritas to recognize the Quantum LTO3 as a robotic library. I've ran the 'tapeinst.exe' utility a few times installing Veritas drivers for all drives and then rebooting accordingly.
Has anyone run into this?

Do I need to change the settings in the scsi configuration utility? The settings from BE are :
Quantum (Certrance) : port = 2
bus = 0
target ID = 5
LUN = 0

DellPVT122T : port = 3
bus = 0
target ID = 6
LUN = 1

If anybody has any thoughts on this, please post!
22 REPLIES 22

Patrick_Mulloy
Level 3
And one more thing for other people having this problem...also install the latest release of Symantec Device and Robotic Library Drivers (current release is 67, I think). It will update the device configuration list that BE uses to recognize devices.

stawars
Level 3
hi all

we have a hp StorageWorks 1/8 autoloader. the error that we have is that Backup Exec can’t see the Autoloader; it can only see the tape drive, and it sees it as a Stand-alone unit instead of a Robotic Library.

can anyone please help me with this error that we have.

thanks
starwars.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
starwars:

Log another query on the forums, and I will help you. It's easy enough, but this particular query is long dead. The last post before you was over 2years ago.