cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 cannot see HP 1/8 Autoloader

Michael_Groen
Not applicable
I resently overtook a customer who had a 2003 server, BE10 and a HP 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR. The IT-consultatant before could not get the oautoloader to work and if you were looking at devices in BE10 there were only the tape drive present. I put in ekstra drivers from Veritas/symantec and got the robotic liberi in as well. Everything worked fine.

Now we put a Exchange 2007 server in the network and therefor we had to upgrade to BE 12. After upgrade the robotic libery was gone and now I cannot get it back. I have tried a driverpack, I have tried uninstall/reinstall and used a lot of time, but the Autoloader won´t show.

In the device manager the driver on the tape drive is Symantec driver but the autoloader is HP driver. I am not sure if this has to be changed and if so, how to change it, because the diverpack is one big .exe installer file which do not update the Autolader driver.

Can anyone give me some usefull advise here. I am totally stuck.

Thank you very much

Michael Grøn
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Several 1/8 G2 Autoloaders appear on th HCL

All have this footnote

1. Minimum firmware level of 1.20 is required.

Try updating the firmware for the library and run the DriverPack again

SteveBurkett
Level 3

The HP Tape Tools helps with this, disable Backup Exec services, then run the Tape Tools program to find available Firmware for the changer and the tape drive (sees it as 2 components).

For my HP 1/8 Autoloader (Gen 1), I see the media changer's driver as being from HP, whereas the tape drive's driver is Symantec.

If still no go, I'd update Backup Exec using LiveUpdate in order to get the June version of the device drivers. Then delete the device from Backup Exec, then rerun the Device configuration wizard to redetect and reinstall the drivers.