cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Agent Compatibility

EOS58
Level 4
I am planning to upgrade our Backup Exec 10d SP4 server to version 2010 in the coming days.  My backup agents are on version 10.1.5629.34, will BE2010 be able to connect to these agents until they can be upgraded?  Any problems with continuing to back up SQL2005 or Exchange 2003 (bricks and stores) with the older agent?  The documentation isn't clear enough for versions older than 12.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6
Correct!  BE will only be able to manage one version back, not 4 in your case.

If you really want upgrade...  You have to upgrade to 11d first, than you can go to 2010.  

Oh and since 11d, you dont need to backup brick level information storage groups anymore :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
BE2010 is not compatible with 10d remote agent. You will have to upgrade the remote agents

teiva-boy
Level 6
Correct!  BE will only be able to manage one version back, not 4 in your case.

If you really want upgrade...  You have to upgrade to 11d first, than you can go to 2010.  

Oh and since 11d, you dont need to backup brick level information storage groups anymore :)

EOS58
Level 4
I figured there would be an issue with the agents.  The last upgrade was from 9.1 to 10d, so I could pace the agent upgrade.  I did locate the documentation for upgrading the server from 10d to 11d to 2010.  I am going to just hop through the upgrade and then quick deal with the agents before backups start.  Users will just have to deal with restarts of servers while the agents are updated.  On top of that, I have to move the soon-to-be 2010 to a new server when the 10d is updated, but that process hasn't changed too much.  Thanks.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
If any of the posts has answered your query do mark it as a solution.