cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Agent VMware & SQL GRT

SBE2010
Level 2
Hello everybody, I have an error when I backup a virtual machine with a SQL Server inside. I have this error "V-79-57344-38728" and I found the document official about this issue. (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/350686.htm) But my problem is than I don't know how resolve it ? I don't understand the solution of Symantec ! Maybe can you help me ??? Thank in advance... (Sorry for my english)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SBE2010
Level 2
Hello...

Thank you to you for your help.

I found the solution to my problem, backup exec apparently trying to make a sql database turncate, but for this to work you must make the "auto shrink" option to "true" on the databases of SQL Server. Now my issue it's resolved

Thank you again.
Greetings

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Well, what the document is saying is that you should be running your backups of SQL separate from any other job. The reason for this would mainly be due to using AOFO, which does cause some issues when trying to backup or restore ANY DB (not only SQL).
With a VM, however, this makes it a bit more complex.
That error message you gave (V-79-) can point to other errors too. Would you mind posting the complete error?

Craig

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
First of all it is the exception not an error message in the article. When you run the normal backup of sql it doesn't truncate the logs and it is same for virtual machine and physical machine. Even if you try to backup a physical machine with 2010 it will give you this exception. In earlier versions we were not having this exception to tell and it is included in 2010 just to tell that your logs are growing for the sql and you can do a log backup withing the BE 2010 to purge the logs.

SBE2010
Level 2
Hello...

Thank you to you for your help.

I found the solution to my problem, backup exec apparently trying to make a sql database turncate, but for this to work you must make the "auto shrink" option to "true" on the databases of SQL Server. Now my issue it's resolved

Thank you again.
Greetings