cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 issue: "Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command"

Edward_Charles
Level 6

I've seen previous posts about this issue/alert before but they were locked.

We get this issue now when using a device pool and 5 drives we manually rotate, one for each weekday.

All I found on this was people who were actually using tapes and robotic libraries etc. but we're not using any of that, just SATA hard drives we change out daily.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated as currently the job stays in the queued status mode for no reason. There is lots of room on the 1TB drive still and we have our media set set to OPP 1 hours, APP 0 hours. The job is completed about 80%.

Thank you

22 REPLIES 22

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I suspect that "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument" means that the media is somehow bad.  Since they are overwriteable.  Move them to the Retired media set, right-click on them and then delete them.  After this, physically delete them from the disk.

Edward_Charles
Level 6

Thanks, I am trying to make sense out of the different icons in front of the media and what the icon means.

They ones we have problems with look like they have a clock or a gray circle with a dash in it like the circle you see at Offline media. Would that simply mean this media is no longer available which is why we get this error? We sometimes have to manually delete them from the disk in some cases if it just failed to overwrite and then we delete some old b2d files.

Thoughts?

Thank you 

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

This should help, at least a little

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124379

Backup Exec 2010 Icons Glossary