cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 job keeps running forever until cancelled

phenderson
Level 3

All the files seem to be backed up completely but the job won't finish.

Windows SBS 2011 with Backup Exec 2010 R3 installed.wha.jpg

Any Suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Before cancelling the job, check that there are no outstanding alerts that need to be responded to.

2) Double-click on the job and check the job log to see what is the last thing that the job is doing

phenderson
Level 3

1) I'll check for alerts tomorrow while the job is still running.

2) attached.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You job log indicates that the job requires a new overwritable tape.  You need to insert an overwrite tape into your tape drive and respond to the media insert alert for the job to continue.

phenderson
Level 3

So my job size has exceeded the tape size?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Looks like it

phenderson
Level 3

I don't think that's the case. I have completed jobs with bigger file sizes.

I just deleted several gigs of backup files and unseleted a large transfer directory to see if the backup completes Monday night, I update after that.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are so sure that the size of your backup set does not exceed the tape capacity.  Why are you reducing the selection list? Shouldn't you be leaving the selection list alone and look for some other cause of your problem?

phenderson
Level 3

I'm doing both. I have reduced the backup selection list so I can confirm it's not the issue while I try any other suggestions you have.

I can add the selections back later. Thanks for your help, I'll post the results Tuesday after the next scheduled backup.