cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 remote agent for lotus domino 8.5.2 64 bit

cristiandaloisi
Level 3

I upgraded BE 12.5 server to BE 2010 + all agents (windows/domino), including a remote agent for lotus domino 8.5.2 fp 1.

The remote Lotus Domino server is a 64 bit, installed on a Windows 2008 64 bit too.

All Mailboxes are DAOS enabled, and the daos catalog is correctly synchronized.

The backup agent for Domino is 64 bit too (32 bit version can't be to be installed on a 64 bit OS, forbidden by the agent setup).

From the BE server I can browse via the remote agent for Domino all db/mailboxes, and I can also select the mailbox I wish to backup.

I made a test job by selecting only 2 mailboxes and running the job.

After a while I get the following error message for the job log:

"Fatal error: 0xe000fe09 - The directory is invalid
Final error category: Resource errors"

related to the resource:

Backup- domino.mycompany.int|DAOS d:\lotus\domino\data

Of course there's no explicit DAOS dir in my job selection list, just selecting the mailboxes BE should automatically determine the DAOS dir repository and take all referenced .NLO files...

Any hint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165823

Issue was reproduced by adding the backslash either manually in notes.ini or in IBM Domino Administrator.  Issue is in engineering hands...

Russ

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you using BE2010 or BE2010 R2 ?

Only BE2010 R2 supports domino 8.5.2

cristiandaloisi
Level 3

BE 2010 R2 + all hotfixes available through liveupdate

MarcoBienlein
Not applicable

Hello,

I've had the same issue after upgrading BE from 12.5 to 2010R3 last week.

I've solved it by deleting an underscore from the DAOS base directory:

To: F:\Lotus\DAOS\

kind regards

Marco

cristiandaloisi
Level 3

In my case we solved the problem moving the DAOS base dir INSIDE the Lotus Domino DATA dir.

Unfortunately that is not recommended by IBM for performances issues...

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

The Domino agent uses the DAOSBasePath line from the Domino notes.ini file to determine where the DAOS NLO files are located.  Be sure that path is valid.  If it is missing or blank, the agent assumes that the DAOS location is inside the Domino data folder (data\DAOS).  There have been a couple cases where Domino is upgraded from an early version on a 32bit server and moved/upgraded to 8.5.x on X64 that the DAOS folder has been required in the Domino data folder but this is not a Backup Exec agent requirement and if that's what you're seeing a support case should be opened.

Russ

cristiandaloisi
Level 3

Russ,

your colleagues checked the DAOSBasePath parameter inside the Domino notes.ini:

it was set and correctly pointed to the actual directory on the server disk. Moreover, that parameter value was the same as set in the DAOS path of the server document.

Unfortunately they could find a reason for theerror.

When we tried to specify the DAOS base inside the DATA dir, it was working fine.

Russ, if we will reopen the ticket or open a new one ,  I will involve you directly.

Thanks

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

Chris,

I had a look at the notes.ini we had from your case and the only difference I see between it and my Domino 8.5.2 server is that your path has a trailing backslash:

Yours: DAOSBasePath=D:\Lotus\DAOS\

Mine:  DAOSBasePath=e:\DAOS

That shouldn't cause a problem but I tried adding a trailing backslash to the DAOSBasePath to my notes.ini and it failed with the 'Directory not found' error!  I removed the trailing backslash and the job succeeded... I'll be writing this up for engineering and doing a technote if this turns out to be a bug.  If possible, please give it a try to confirm.  I'll send you an email on your case so you can reply directly to me with the results.

Russ

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165823

Issue was reproduced by adding the backslash either manually in notes.ini or in IBM Domino Administrator.  Issue is in engineering hands...

Russ