cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 1158.10 Two Consecutive Jobs - Help Needed

Backup_Name
Level 3
Hi, I have a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server. My backups are working perfectly fine, until I decided to break my jobs in to two.

I have one job that runs at 9:30 pm - This is a FULL job set to overwrite. Works fine
The second job runs at 4:00 am backin up only 1 database file (45MB) - set to Append, then terminate if no appendable media. This is not working at all. I'm getting an error "no appendable media..".

What settings should I be using? I'm afraid that if I set the second job to "overwrite" it will overwrite the first job.

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
There was an issue with the overwrite & append settings that was fixed in the latest build so you may need to update your existing installation. More info here:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/287837

Backup_Name
Level 3
WOW! First of all thanks for that fast reply!

I don't have any overwrite proctections on my tapes at all, unless of course BE hid it from me. Will this still apply to me?

Also, am I doing my backups correctly or is there any special settings I need to configure?

FIRST JOB - OVERWRITE (NO EJECT)
SECOND JOB - APPEND, IF NO APPENDABLE, TERMINATE JOB(NO EJECT)

I need these two jobs to happen using one tape.

As always, thanks for all the inputs.

Backup_Name
Level 3
Since according to your status that you're a Symantec Employee, I'd like to ask if the upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 is free.

criley
Employee Accredited
Afraid not - it's a paid for upgrade.