Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 Remote Agent stopping

Jason11
Not applicable
HI All,

Windows 2000
BE 9.1, 4691 SP2.

I've read through a lot of posts but haven't come across this topic in these NG's.

Basically, a single server, backing itself up, has been failing with the Remote Agent stopping.

Paid support advised it was the Daylight Savings issue, which seems to have resolved the issue. However, I see it only as a workaround. Can someone point me to a Veritas article that explains the issue? The advice was the problem is resolved in 10.0. Not very practical to update all my servers...

Thanks in Advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Stopping of Remote Agent service while backing up the local server can have many reasons behind it. Therefore, its difficult to provide a specific Veritas article which talks about this issue.
It will be better if you can explain the exact issue in details. Are you backing up any database?
Does the service stops on all the bacups jobs that you take or any specific job?

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply