cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BE 9.1] backup fails aftre restore

Niels_van_Dijk
Level 3
For compatibility reason we use two backup devices.

a DELL Backup unit and a Quantum backup unit.

The daily backup is running on the Quantum backup device.
Once a month we have to do a restore of some external data on the DELL device. The restore works fine, but the same night the regular backup on the Quantum device will fail. It counts exactly 470,154 bytes and then doesn't backup anything anymore. The time keeps running until I Cancel the job. The folliwing daily backups will have no problems, until the new monthly restore on the DELL deviceis performed. Does this sound familiair to anyone?
8 REPLIES 8

Mariner_2
Level 2
Hi nielsvd: Am experiencing similar issues. Dell Server single DLT VS160tape drive. I am applying SP1 and Hot Fix 18 the appears to deal directly with that issue. Will keep you posted ....

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hello there,

It appears that the backup jobs following a restore job fail. This is known issue and so we suggest you to apply service pack 1 which addresses this issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/267180

Do let us know if you continue face any issues after applying Service pack.

Thank You.

Niels_van_Dijk
Level 3
Hello,

I've installed SP1 and also applied the Remote agent to the servers again.
After that, I did a defrag on my Exchange 2003 server on the priv1.edb and pub.edb databases. The defrag ran without any errors. However, now I'm getting the following error when the backup runs:
Backup - \\MAILSERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Access denied to database Mailbox Store (MAILSERVER).
Database or database element is corrupt
- and -
Access denied to database Public Folder Store (MAILSERVER).
Database or database element is corrupt

The backup seems to backup the databases though, but still sends the error.

Does anyone recognize this error, the KB did not offer the solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Niels_van_Dijk
Level 3
I applied Service Pack 1, but the issue is not solved. Now I installed SP2, and I will check again. I also ran Diagnotics to see if the Service packs are really applied, but the only thing I see is:

Adamm Info: Version 9.1, Build 4691

I would expect that a service pack should be noted behind the build number.
So it appears that no service pack is installed? What can be wrong?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

This is to ensure if your backup job followed by a restore job succeeds now after having installed SP2? In case the problem persists, you can post write back.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards.

Niels_van_Dijk
Level 3
I will a short restire tomorrow and then come back to the forum with the results

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if the problem still persists.

Kindly update.

Regards,

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Niels_van_Dijk
Level 3
I did a restore of about 600 MB's and the day after that the backup just ran OK.
So the problem is solved since I updated to BE Service Pack 2.
Thanks.
Case closed.