cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Job Engine Service not responding

Triven
Level 4

Hi all,

Every time i run an inventory on the tape drive it takes 15mins to run then (rather than fail/complete) it comes back with the status 'recovered'.

The error is: e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

I have restarted the services, I have applied all updates and patches i could find (may have missed 1 or 2 if i havent looked in the right place). I am running Backup Exec 12  SP5.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Triven
Level 4

Backup ran fine but that has nothing to do with The 'Inventory'.

I found the below link and have installed the hotfix as suggested but this made no difference

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75749

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Triven
Level 4

When a backup Job runs i get the below error message:

Job ended: 30 November 2012 at 00:13:05
Completed status: Canceled
The job was canceled because the response to a media request alert was Cancel, or because the alert was configured to automatically respond with Cancel, or because the Backup Exec Job Engine service was stopped.

Triven
Level 4

The admin password has been changed as of today, the services use the admin credentials so i have updated the login credentials. I am waiting to see how tonights backup run, I will keep you posted.

Triven
Level 4

Backup ran fine but that has nothing to do with The 'Inventory'.

I found the below link and have installed the hotfix as suggested but this made no difference

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75749

Triven
Level 4

Scratch that, the above solution worked. I jumped the gun a bit.

In the end by doing the below and installing the hotfix above not sure which worked but either way its now all up and running :)

pausing and unpausing the server.

open the BE GUI
open the Devices tab
right click on the server and select Paused
wait for a few seconds and right click on the server once again
now unselect Paused