cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE looses catalog information

peter_buechel
Level 4
hi,

over night my BE looses catalog information. Then tapes are shown as empty but in real they are member of a Backup-Set. This happens most of the nights not every night.
The only thin I can do then is to run a new catalog job. After that I got all tapes twice in media management.
There is no difference if RSM is running or not.

This is my config:

w2k3 with all sp and all patches
BE 10.1 with sp and all patches
BE latest driver pack
Exabyte VXA-2 Packetloader 10x

any help will be appreciated
7 REPLIES 7

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Try renaming catalog folder and then recatalog all the tapes once again ..

Refer the steps given below :

1.Stop all Backup Exec Services.
2.Rename Catalog FOlder. (under \programfiles\veritas\BE\NT\)
3.Start all Backup Exec Services.
4.deselect "use storage based media catalog option" (tools\options\Catalog.. )
5.catalog all the tapes

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

peter_buechel
Level 4
hmm, I did that in the past but I'll do it again. I'll take some time ...

peter_buechel
Level 4
I started catalog jobs for slot 1-9 (slot 10 is a cleaningslot) but some of the jobs stopped with error: (I use a German environment, so I have to translate the messages)
the job failed: cleaning tape was inserted

after that BE thinks that some of the slots 1-9 contain cleaning tapes. Thats def. false.

???????

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please open a new Forum case for this issue, since the issue faced by you is different from the one being discussed in this thread.
It needs a different line of troubleshooting and hence, we request you to resubmit your query as a new post.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

peter_buechel
Level 4
so, do you have a suggestion for a new subject ? Because I can't categorize the error.

peter_buechel
Level 4
so you have an idea what my problem is ??
Would it then even be better that you tell me how to solve it then requesting a new thread??

That's not very helpful for me :(

BTW: the problem desribed in:
http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?forumID=103&threadID=63551
is mine too

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

As mentioned earlier please open a new Forum case for this issue because
It needs a different line of troubleshooting and hence, we request you to resubmit your query as a new post.