cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE v10d & HP 4108gl Switch High Utilization

Mike_Seitz_2
Level 3
When we run a backup ANY time during the day or evening, from a W2003 Server w/BE 10d, all patched to latest and greatest, ALL active ports on the HP 4108gl switch get pegged at 100 % utilization. (The HP switch has 100 and 1000 m ports on 7 modules.) No one can get any bandwidth to do any work. The Backup Server appears to be stealing ALL available bandwidth. When I stop the backup job the "network" returns to normal. How can I limit BE v10d from getting all available bandwidth? Thanks, Mike
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you log onto the media server and copy a large amount of data from the target server(s) to a local drive, does the same thing happen?

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Mike,

Please let us know if the earlier provided solution has helped you in resolving the issue.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Seitz_2
Level 3
Ken , I will give that a try. Its difficult during the day we are a bank and I do not want to impact our tellers, lenders. I'll get back to you on this. THANKS for the suggestion.

Mike_Seitz_2
Level 3
Ken, when I "copy" files (select about 10G of files) server (data server) to server (BE media server), yes I get the same results. ALL switch ports spike to max.

Mike_Seitz_2
Level 3
Ken, the server we are running BE on also runs Citrix Web access, since upgrading Citrix Web to v 4, we have had this issue. We are moving BE to another server. Thanks for your help. Mike

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
So your problem may be in the switch config. We threw away the HP switches for other reasons.

greetings
Peter

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Mike,

Did you try out the steps suggested in the previous post?Check if you get any errors in the event logs that could indicate the cause of the high utilisation.

You had earlier mentioned that you were planning to move backup exec. Did that help?

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.