cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE10 and Oracle Agent

Andrew_Knight
Not applicable
I have a Windows 2000 Server with Oracle 9i installed and BE10 Rev 5484 installed.
I have recently added the Oracle agent and have followed all of the installation / configuration documentation carefully.

I am getting "Unable to logon the Oracle server. Oracle user account name=SYS@LIVE SID=LIVE " in the event logs on the server and "ORALogon: olog(SYS@LIVE, SYS) failed, ret_val=1010" in Ntodebug.log whenever I try to view the tablespaces in each SID.

I have followed a number of the support documents and have changed the oracle account from one created as per to config doc to the sys account and I still cannot connect.

Any ideas ?
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The error that you have reported ," Unable to logon the Oracle server. Oracle user account name=SYSTEM SID=LIVE" may be resolved with the following technote :

Title:
The VERITAS Backup Exec Agent for Oracle will only display the icons for the archive logs and the database control file.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190525.htm

Please keep u supdating on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jesper_Nielsen
Level 2
Hi

Have you solved the problem. I got the exact same error with Oracle version 9.2.0.40 and I have followed the manual and papers exactly. Also tried the link on this page with no result

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Andrew,

Please try the steps provided in the previous posts and revert with the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.