cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE11D Remote Agent for Domino on x64bit platform

davidebortolini
Level 2
Hi all,
i'm very scary about BE11D Remote Agent for Domino doesn't support x64 platform. I have a W2K3 server 64 bit which is installed Domino 7.0.2FP2. But I cant' get backed up domino database since i can't see agent through BE11 console. In fact agent is a 64 bit application, but notes and notes api still remain 32bit applications. I've found that issues that prevent BE agent working on notes on 64 bit platforms.

- Agent search fot this key [HKLM/Software/Lotus], but since domino IS A 32 bit application (compiled with AWE), this key is under [HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Lotus], and agent was unable to locate domino DLLs.
- If i re-create the same key structure under correct path [HKLM7Software/Lotus], agent was able to locate domino directory, initialize it (no i can see Lotus Domino Databases under management console), but whet try to load notes api (NNOTES.DLL wich IS A 32 bit executable), agent fails with LNAPI 0: NOTES LoadLibrary Failed. Error code (c1) which means that the executable is not vaild for the platform.
Now, i have purchased BE11 because it claims support on 64 bit platform an i have a x64 bit platform but CAN'T backup my domino databases!!!!!

Davide Bortolini

3 REPLIES 3

davidebortolini
Level 2
Where is SUPPORT???!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Where is SUPPORT???!

There is no official presence here by Symantec Employees.  They post as their schedules permit

As for your problem with 64-Bit Notes

The SCL  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286600.htm   clearly states that Notes is only supported on 32-Bit platforms,  SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, and Oracle are supported on 64-Bit

Allen_K
Level 6

davidebortolini wrote:
Where is SUPPORT???!

Hi,

Sorry no one has been able to help you with your technical issue so far. Please note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not technical support.

Usually customers come to the rescue. Other times, when they are available, a Symantec employee will volunteer his/her time to find and help solve issues just like any other member of the community.

However, in this case, it looks like you might be better off contacting Symantec Support Services for 24/7 access to technical support professionals. You can also try using our Knowledge Base Search.

Hope that helps!