cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12.5 automatically save copy of job logs

Hubbs
Level 2
Hello,

Is there a way to automatically have Backup Exec save a copy of the job log when a job is completed regardless if it was successful, failed or canceled?
I know i can go in to each job log and click save as, but i would like to automate the process, as we need to save up to a years worth of logs for aduiting purposes.
I have 5 BE severs each with multiple jobs, so it takes a while to manually save all the log files everyday.

Thanks!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
all the xml files that the job logs are generated from are stored in the data directory of the BE install. (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data is the default path) These xml files contain all the information of the job logs, and might be what you are looking for.  So if you just backup the Data directory you will have all the job logs, just not in html format.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
all the xml files that the job logs are generated from are stored in the data directory of the BE install. (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data is the default path) These xml files contain all the information of the job logs, and might be what you are looking for.  So if you just backup the Data directory you will have all the job logs, just not in html format.

Hubbs
Level 2
Thanks!!