cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 VSS errors (34108 and 65033)

Serhi84
Level 3

Hi all.

I have server (not virtual) with W2k3 and BE2010. А week ago I decided to expand one of the disks on the server. Before i had: D - data for backup, E - BEDATA with B2D bkf-files. Now i have only E (moved data from D to E, deleted D, in BE list recheck data for backup to E). After these operations, I have a problem:

1)  V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes

2) V-79-57344-65033 - Directory AAA was not found, or could not be accessed

3) Unable to open some items  - skipped / This corrupted file cannot verify.

4) In system log:

Event ID: 25
Source:  volsnap
Level: Error
Description:  The shadow copies of volume E: were deleted because the shadow copy storage could not grow in time.  Consider reducing the IO load on the system or choose a shadow copy storage volume that is not being shadow copied.

I am using the AOFO options on backup job (Automatically select open file technology). Shadow copies were never enabled for all disks. "vssadmin list writers" - all stable, no errors. "vssadmin list shadows" - no item. "vssadmin list shadowstorage" - volume E: (used - 0, allocated - 0, max - unbounded).

How to fix this?

Ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serhi84
Level 3

Ty for answers. In one of the articles mentioned that the disk with shadow copies and disk with data for backup must be different. So, the commands that helped me:

vssadmin delete shadowstorage /for=e: /on=e:

vssadmin add shadowstorage /for=e: /on=c: /maxsize=90%

Today there are no errors after backup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried re-creating your jobs?

Serhi84
Level 3

Ty for answers. In one of the articles mentioned that the disk with shadow copies and disk with data for backup must be different. So, the commands that helped me:

vssadmin delete shadowstorage /for=e: /on=e:

vssadmin add shadowstorage /for=e: /on=c: /maxsize=90%

Today there are no errors after backup.