cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 add NFS and NAS destination

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi all,

I am using BackupExec 2010 R2 and would like to make a NAS device(support NFS) as a backup destination, but here is the problem.

I know if I need to connect to a NAS, I need to add a B2D destination, but I can't connect to the device because the it is using another user account different than the default account I use for the other B2D destinations. Can I choose a different account for a single B2D device? if can, how?

Regards

Michael Lu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

B2D devices are accessed via the service account of Backup Exec - because typically console users are not logged in during backup processing, as such I believe you have to give persmissions on NAS devices that allow that account to connect in order to use them for B2D (and it can only be one account)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

B2D devices are accessed via the service account of Backup Exec - because typically console users are not logged in during backup processing, as such I believe you have to give persmissions on NAS devices that allow that account to connect in order to use them for B2D (and it can only be one account)

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sorry it took me a long time to reply.

It seems like that's the only solution so I have to change the default password in the NAS device to mach the default account, luckily it works.

Michael Lu