cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 are messing scheduled jobs

bricky
Level 2

from monday to friday, all the year, I have scheduled a backup job.

It works fine but after some weeks the scheduled task "changes" to odd days: monday, wenesday, friday,sunday,tuesday, etc...

When i realized this mess, I re-scheduled all year again, but after working correctly another pair of weeks it happens again

The rest of the scheduled job are fine and "dont moves"

This happened to me 3 times

¿Why this happens? ¿any help?

THX

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

bricky
Level 2

Must be another issue.

If I take a look at the calendar view, i can see a checkered scheduled job!!!!

In the calendar view the backup job appeared in all odds days of the year.

Its seems that something happends with the database. but the if i make a manual recover or a backup, it seems all works well.

its very bizarre....

CraigV

...you shouldn't have to do that to get things working, so this points to the BEDB possibly being corrupted somewhere.

Check the TN below to perform a thorough repair of the BEDB using BEutility.exe:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239

...as an aside, just make sure that any AV you're running isn't blocking the BE services, or even the SQL service that BE uses...

bricky
Level 2

I cant imagine how kaspersky may reschedule my jobs  :D

Anyway,next time it happens i will recheck de database. lll try to restore the database to the day before and dive into the beutility.

the strange thing is i didnt get any alert, any message, like i was a sleepwalker and change thing by night

Anyway, thanks a lot!

CraigV

Your AV won't reschedule jobs, but it can play havoc with the way BE runs if it scans the services, and especially the SQL service. There's always the chance it can corrupt something.

bricky
Level 2

My bet is that there is a bug in BE2010,where jobs modified several times like this one, "autofixed" in the weird way when a kind of maintenance routine runs in background.

I have to mine into the tables of be2010 to get a deep knowledge of how scheduled jobs are stored.

thxs very much!