cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010

Romeo123
Level 4

if my data is around 150 GB, can i go for a full backup everyday? I have 5 LTO3 tapes. I am thinking of using each tape from Monday to Friday. As a baseline (starting the first week), I ll do a full backup of the server using the first tape. Then on tuesday as well, I ll do a full backup using the second empty tape including the new and changed files. This will go on till Friday. Now on the second week, I ll b using the monday tape (which was my baseline backup). I ll b overwriting all my data. Overwriting will mean the tape will point to the first section and starting overwriting from there. So i ll b losing all my original data. 

Can you please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Yes you can...

If your append/overwrite periods are correct, it will work. Set them to 6 days. By Sunday, the tape you used on Monday will be available to be overwritten.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Yes you can...

If your append/overwrite periods are correct, it will work. Set them to 6 days. By Sunday, the tape you used on Monday will be available to be overwritten.

Romeo123
Level 4
If i want to do a back-up-to-disk using a full/incremental backup, I ll need 2 separate disk space: one for the full backup and one for the incremental backup.
am i rite?