cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS, RANW problem since applying SP4

Eddie_Wright
Level 3
Hi, we have a long standing installation of BEWS with SSO backing up the servers on our SAN. Since applying Service Pack 4 I have been getting the following error when trying to back up our Netware server:

Error: e0009443 - Error connecting to the Backup Exec Remote Agent for NetWare Servers. Make sure that the Remote Agent NetWare is running on the target computer.

I have reinstalled all of the remote agents, the Windows ones are all fine, it is just the Netware one that has stopped working.

On the BEWS server, the media server version is 10.0 Rev 5484, installed updates shows Service Pack 4, License information shows Remote Agent for Netware licensed:Yes and Installed: Yes.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Remote Agent from the web site. The version.doc file from SYS:\BKUPEXEC shows the following:
-----------------------------------------------------

Backup Exec for NetWare 9.1 Build 1158.9

Media Server = 1158.9
Ndmp Server = 1158.9
Nlm Client = 1158.9
Java Client = 1158.9
Drivers = 0011N023

Windows 9X agent = 5.030
MAC OS X agent = 5.045
UNIX agent = 5.046

OFO NW option = 9.5.501
RAWS/OFO NT option = 4691R.42

-----------------------------------------------------

On the netware server the loaded bkupexec.nlm shows as version 9.10 dated January 12, 2006

I can ping by name from the netware server to the windows server and vice versa.

I have checked the netware login account used and this is all OK. When I go through the backup selections screen I can see the server and the volumes under Netware File System and I can see the contents of volumes.

Any ideas what else to look at - this is critical as we have not had a backup of our main corporate data since Monday and given that we have a long weekend coming up I would like to feel that we are covered.

Many thanks, Eddie
4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
If you are using the latest version of RANW you need to install Hotfix 33:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282259

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

You can also perform upgrade on BEWS server and then reinstall RANW !
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Eddie_Wright
Level 3
Chris - thanks for that but I have tried Gauir's suggestion

Eddie_Wright
Level 3
Gauri,

Thanks for that - it seemed to be working at first but is still giving problems. Installed the new Symantec branded version, updated the remote agents on both Windows and Netware, rebooted all servers and ran a test job. It appeared to be working OK - checking the job history showed "Agent used: Yes" against the Netware volumes which is an improvement. However the test job failed with the following error against every Netware volume despite stating that it was using the agent:
Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.

If I go to the Backup tab and browse to the Netware server I can see the volumes and files without any problems.

This is now becoming critical as we have not have a proper backup of our corporate data since Monday.

Eddie