cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS Remote Agent Terminating Unexpectedly!

Pierre_Camiller
Level 4
The Backup Exec Remote Agent keeps terminating unexpectedly on a Windows 2003 server. I keep seeing the following in the Event Log:

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 9.1.4691.35, faulting module beclass.dll, version 9.1.4691.0, fault address 0x0001b7a2

I've just upgraded BEWS 9.1 to Service Pack 2 and upgraded all my remote agents also. I made sure to uninstall the previous agents and install manually the new agents from SP2.

I cannot understand why this is still happening. I was already experiencing this before upgrading to SP2.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

What is the error in job log?

Does this error occur during each and every backup job or only on remote backups?

Are you backing up any databases like exchange? Try splitting the job!

If backing up to tape device, test backup to backup to disk folder!

Is AOFO activated in backup job?

Make sure that Remote Agent service is running on Localsystem account.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.