cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP2 for Veritas 10

SP_Wilson
Level 3
I am looking for documentation on Veritas 10 sp2, what hot fixs it includes and what each fixs, what problems arise after installing sp2. Any help would be appreciated.
19 REPLIES 19

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer to this:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274646
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

SP_Wilson
Level 3
The link you showed details what is in SP1. I would like to know about SP2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please upgrade to the latest revision. Please refer the link given below.
VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 rev. 5520 for Windows Servers Installation Files
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277181

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

SP_Wilson
Level 3
I'm not sure what question you are answering, but it isn't my question. I am looking for documentation on what is in Veritas 10 SP2. Can you help?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Where did you hear that v10 SP2 even exists?

The downloads page only lists SP1 with a single HotFix released after that

I just searched the Knowldge Base for "v10 Service Pack 2" and the only hits I got refered to WindowsXP SP2

SP_Wilson
Level 3
I heard about it from your Tech support department. They directed me to it on your web page.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not MY tech Support. (Check the icon under my name)

I'll bet the genius you were talking to thought that you were on v9.1 which does have an SP2

SP_Wilson
Level 3
Sorry, everyone else that has replied has been from Veritas. It was veritas tech support that gave me the link to SP2 for V10. I have it but need documentation before I can deploy.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In our earlier reply we suggested you to Please upgrade to the latest revision 5520 of BE v10.0 because the hotfixes released in the earlier version of BEv10.0 are integrated in it.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

SP_Wilson
Level 3
Do you not understand my question? I am looking for info on what the hot fix's are in SP2.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If there really is a v10 SP2, the technote that contains the download link SHOULD contain a list of all patches in the SP

Can you post the link to this mysterious SP2?

noodles
Level 4
Hi,

I've got the same problem!
So the SP2 DID exist.

Last week I searched for updates for 10. In the normal search fomular it was not shown.
But when one was directly searching in
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/
there was a file "be5484RSP2_277469.exe" and link for the included hotfixes.

Today I wanted to download it again and it is gone!
No article, no file. Very strange.

I installed it on thursday - no problems untill now.

It would be nice, if Veritas could give a statement if there were any problmes with this SP.

Regards
/SteDel

Luis_Sakihama
Level 4
Hi,

some days ago, I downloaded BackupExec SP2, and I installed it in a testing enviroment, but I also couldn't find documentation about it, I think it was release on June, 23rd. Moreover, I found a new Tape Drivers package (almost the same release date) but when I tried to install it, there was an "mismatch version" error. Does someone know if there are some bugs with those package?? Thanks

SP_Wilson
Level 3
Like the other person that has replied, the link is now gone. I downloaded the sp2 executable at Veritas tech supports direction, but can get no documentation on it. I'm not sure what Veritas is doing, but they are not being helpful.

Andrew_Lomakin_
Level 3
google on the file you mentioned brings this out::

http://www.google.com/search?hl=lv&q=be5484RSP2_277469.exe&meta=

you click there, you get a 404 error, but when we try to get the cached copy (gosh i love google), we have the documentation file

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:AROkoruu5r4J:seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277469.htm+be5484RSP2_277469.exe&hl=lv

unfortunately only cached copy is available, since veritas did a nice job hiding the sp2 somewhere....strange...a

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I would almost be willing to bet that a beta version of the SP was posted before it was supposed to be (or that they discovered serious problems with an approved SP), and now Veritas will not admit either and have tried to just pretend that it never happened

I've got to say that I'm getting more and more disappointed in the "support" that Veritas is providing.

No install support
No EMail support
"Support Technicians" that either cannot or will not read the whole posting of a question, but pick out key words and pump out canned responses.
The fact that the technicians are more concerned with "closing out" old threads than answering new ones, (tho we seem to have broken them of that, at least for a while)

And unlike the old Seagate forum, where the Support Presence actually had used the product, it is glaringly obvious that the current crop of "support technicians" have NEVER actually used the product

I'm to the point that ArcServe may get another look, next time upgrade time comes around. In fact it is so bad that I would even be willing to look at UltraBac again.

steve_burkett
Level 4
> Do you not understand my question? I am looking for
> info on what the hot fix's are in SP2.

Ha ha! This thread made me laugh on a Monday morning. Thanks!

Robert_Fahlstr_
Level 3
It would be very interesting to see an official response from Symantec/Veritas about why SP2 for V10 disapeared.
After installaing SP2 I am not able to install DLO agent any more.(another unanswered thread).

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

The link for 10.0 Sp2 has been currently removed from the website due to technical problems. It would be available on the support site after a weeks time and also information with regards to the same.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.