cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BFK Files are Splitting

hybridmx5
Level 2

We just upgraded to Backup Exec 2012. We set the Maximum file size to 900GB. It works fine for the full backup but our differential backups are splitting even though it's not even close to 900GB. Each day it splits the differential .bfk. Why is that?

5/6 - 110MB and 87MB

5/7 - 302MB and 156MB

5/8 - 21.7GB and 289MB

5/9 = 25.7GB and 2GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I know, BE 2012 uses one bkf file per data set/backup set. In this instance what we mean by set is C: is one set, D: is another, System State is another. As such if your differential jobs feature two sets you will get 2 bkf files.

The only thing that concerns me about this is your full should do this as well - I am unfortunately not near my 2012 test server at the moment to check the above information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I know, BE 2012 uses one bkf file per data set/backup set. In this instance what we mean by set is C: is one set, D: is another, System State is another. As such if your differential jobs feature two sets you will get 2 bkf files.

The only thing that concerns me about this is your full should do this as well - I am unfortunately not near my 2012 test server at the moment to check the above information.

hybridmx5
Level 2

Thanks. That explains it.