cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up to disk folder...access denied.

Tom_Tosun
Level 3
Access denied! Story of my life!

Anyway, I've got two servers running BE 9.1. I'm trying to create a B2D folder on server A to backup to a shared folder on server B but keep getting the following error: Can't create new backup to disk folder. Access denied.

I followed the instructions in the 2 KB articles provided here but with no luck.

Any ideas??

Much obliged.

~T
5 REPLIES 5

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Documents:

The error message "Unable to create new backup folder. Access denied" is returned when creating a backup-to-disk folder within Backup Exec for Windows Servers.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/239499

An error "Unable to create new backup folder. Access denied" is generated while creating a new backup to disk folder on a Windows 2003 /XP system.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273224

Thank You,

Shweta

Tom_Tosun
Level 3
Thank you but.....

I followed the instructions in the 2 KB articles provided here but with no luck.

Anything else??

-T

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Could you please explain youe setup ? Also where actually you are trying to create folder ?

Is BE 9.1 installed on the servers ?

You meant to say that you are creating a B2D folder of the same name,which is shared on serverB ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Tom_Tosun
Level 3
Ok...Server A has BE 9.1. Server B has 9.1. Server A backs up to tape.

Server B has shared folder with Everyone Full Control on the share and the security settings.

I am trying to create a Backup-to-Disk folder on Server A which points to the shared folder on Server B.

I get the error message..."Can't create new backup to disk folder. Access denied."

I followed the instructions in the two KB articles but I still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Tom,

Can you create new folder and share it and then try to create a backup to disk folder and check the results. This is for test purpose.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.