cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackExec 9.1 incompatible storage media

Tom_Perachio
Not applicable
I just installed a new backup unit A Certance LTO2 rack mount, i get the following error below, the drive is a stand alone not a part of a robotic library. could anyone help

a000821e - Library error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I think we've seen thhis reported on the Forums before, and as I recall, the solution is to label new tapes using the Manufacturer Setup and Diags program before the first BackupExec use

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Tom,

Following steps may help you to resolve the issue:

a.) Update the firmware of the tape device to the latest

b.) Update the SCSI controller card drivers and firmware to the latest

c.) Click on the "Devices" tab | Right click on the tape drive | properties
and ensure that proper media type is listed

If this does not help, proceed with following:

1. Open Backup Exec

2. In Backup Exec, on the Devices tab, right click on each drive under the loader, and choose Properties. On the Configuration tab, remove the check for Enable Device for Backup Exec and Click Ok. This will leave the drives
in a "disabled" state on the Devices tab.

3. Once all of the drives under the loader are disabled, right click on the drives again, and choose Delete.

4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for the Loader after the drives have been deleted.

All hardware should now be removed from the Devices tab.

5. Stop all Backup Exec services

6. Start all Backup Exec services and verify whether the drive is showing online.

7. Configure a test backup job and verify the result.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.