cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackUP2Disk2Tape

ArunGupta
Level 3
I am using 8 different BackUP2Disk2Tape jobs to copy data from 8 different network shares to a NAS connected to a tape library. These network shares are located on 8 different NASes in network.  BE12.5 agent is running on all NAS'es.  Data from each location is first written to the backup-to-disk folder on NAS connected to tape library and then copied to tape. Jobs are executed one after each other with sufficient time gap to avoid any overlap.

How can I define the B2D folder so that it is overwritten each time by the next job?
I am getting the transfer rate of 650 MB/minute for B2D job, it seems quite slow to me. How can I improve the transfer rate?
4 REPLIES 4

DR0701
Level 5
Hi there

Are all your B2D media in the same media set, which will have the same overwrite protection period?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
if you really do not care if the second job overwrites the first, then set the OPP for the media set as low as you can, and the next job will overwrite the first

as for the B2D job, what does your network look like?  GB?  Switched?

if you copy a large chunk of data from one of the NASes to the B2D folder (remember to delete it after the test) what kind of through put do you get?

ArunGupta
Level 3
I will try using media set with low OPP...

Its a routed network implemented over Gigabit switches. we need to transfer around 500 GB from each network share. With the speed of 600 MB/min it will take around 14 hours.  With fast switching capacity of 1 Gb/sec I expect quite higher throughput as there is no other traffic running on the network during this test.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is access to the Disk/Array fast from the media server, it drag too?

Does a standard file copy from the NASes to the media server drag?