cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up CPS protected folders and modified time

BGR
Level 3
I am attempting to back up CPS protected resources to tape using Backup Exec 11D, doing weekend full and daily differential backups. I found a tech note stating Full and Differential backups must be based on modified time, rather than rely on the archive bit. I've done this and still find my differential backups backing up all files in the CPS protected resource target, rather than just the files that have changed. Files that have a modification time of January, February, etc. are getting backed up. Is this a known issue?

I suppose I can work around it by backing up the actual server share, i.e. Business Server resource to tape, bypassing CPS targets in BE.

2 REPLIES 2

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
did you create a policy using modified time so that the Full and differentials are linked together? 

BGR
Level 3
No, I am not using a policy, but the the same selection list is used. The documentation doesn't state that these must be linked by policy. I've actually used modified time 10i for RALUS backups without using policy and never had an issue.