cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up an SQL instance across a domain not finalising?

RMSSupport
Level 2

Backup Exec 2010

Backup job to look across the network and backup an instance fo SQL

We setup an agent within a domain on a client running windows 7 64bit

The server is a Poweredge T610 Windows SBS 2008 Premium

Firstly I get this email Alert

1 files were skipped.

Note:  The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option.  However, files were skipped during backup processing.  Please ensure that the Media Server NAME is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option

Secondly the job shows as incomplete but the log shows as backup has worked?

Job Completion Status

Job ended: 05 September 2012 at 23:48:59

Completed status: Completed with exceptions

Exceptions

Backup- NAMEFile NAME\\database is in the backup selection list but was not found.

Any suggestions would be greatly received

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

These are exceptions (not errors), the Alert only says that the backup job itsels completed successfully, but it had to skip some files (exceptions) because they were either not present/open and in use/not accessible.

Make sure the files in question are not in use and are accessible by Backup Exec during the backup job window.

I'd also recommend you to create a seperate job for database selections (SQL/Exchange/SharePoint/etc) and not use Advanced Open File Option on that database backup job.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

These are exceptions (not errors), the Alert only says that the backup job itsels completed successfully, but it had to skip some files (exceptions) because they were either not present/open and in use/not accessible.

Make sure the files in question are not in use and are accessible by Backup Exec during the backup job window.

I'd also recommend you to create a seperate job for database selections (SQL/Exchange/SharePoint/etc) and not use Advanced Open File Option on that database backup job.

RMSSupport
Level 2

Hi Bhavik

Thanks for the reply, I wil try these and update asap.

Regards

RMS