cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up exchange 2003

Tony_Cable
Level 3
Hi

in the summer we built three new exchange servers running exchange 2003 and windows server 2003.  the old servers were running exchange 5.5.  we migrated the mailboxes from the old servers to the new ones and ran them side by side for a month.
i had been able to back up the old servers no problem, and whilst they were running side by side i could back up the new servers.
when we turned the old ones off i am now getting an access denied message when i try to back up the mailboxes and they don't back up.
when we temporaraly turned the old servers back on, i could back up the mailboxes again.

i've been through the help files, and made the backup account an exchange administrator as well as adding it to the administrator local group (i have done this on all three servers), yet i am still getting the access is denied message.

The remote agent is installed. (might be an obvious statement, but just to emphasise!)

is there anything i have missed, or is there any thing else i can do?

Thanks in Advance
3 REPLIES 3

AndreK
Level 2
Hi

What version adn SP are you using of BE?

//André

Tony_Cable
Level 3
we are using version 10 revision 5520 and it is on service pack 4

Tony_Cable
Level 3
Bump....

can any one help me with this problem please?  i keep trying things but nothing is working!

Thanks