cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 11d - Lotus Notes db Corruption

KKonduri
Level 2
Hi,

I am a new member to this group. I have a very primary question.

We have Backup Exec 11d software that we use for our Notes back up along with other FS backup.
Although not daily, we are facing an issue of db corruption after the backup process is done.

We see no error msgs or any thing related to this scenario in the Job history, but we have to do a fixup of the db after the back up is done since it's corrupted. Also, this issue is not there for all the dbs. Only one db is getting corrupted (same db everytime).

I guess this issue arises when the db is in opened state during the backup process..if not could anyone help me in fixing the issue permanently.

3 REPLIES 3

udayan
Level 3
Employee
To backup notes databases you should use the Lotus Notes agent option of Backup Exec. You should not use the filesystem agent to backup Lotus Notes databases.

If you are using filesystem agent to backup Lotus notes databases then open databases will be backed up as corrupt databases.

KKonduri
Level 2
Thanks for your reply..

that means, we need to have two jobs - one for filesystem and the other specifically for Lotus notes. Is that correct?

(I am a notes developer and I dont have knowledge of veritas, pls bear with my terminology)

E_2
Level 2
KKonduri,
Also, once you install the Lotus Domino agent, if there are still issues, you may want to consider installing Service Pack 1 and and hotfix 28 (This is for Rev 7170).

With and agent, you should only need one job.

Good luck!

Message Edited by E on 05-20-2008 05:14 PM