cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Error after upgrade to 2010

tolinrome1
Level 5

All backups were running fine until I upgraded to 2010R2 from 12.5. I installed the agents on the servers and now some backup jobs fail. I havent changed anything in the backup options at all. Here is the error listed below ont he job failure. Everything shows up fine in device manager, ie tape drive and library. I also applied all updates for 2010R2. What happened?

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe1f - The device cannot be found.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65055

Backup- GTP-SQL08V01
V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SQL08\K:". Advanced Open File Option used: No...
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You might want to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 to see if it helps.  Your current licence keys are still valid.  You can download R3 from either the fileconnect site or www.backupexec.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55835

tolinrome1
Level 5

I tried everything in that artice and no go...

I even uninstalled the remote agent from tthe server, reinstalled locally on the server and rebooted it and still it doesnt see a local drive, it only sees 2 of them and there are 6 of them - clustered disks. This was never a problem until I upgraded to 2010 R2 and pushed out the new remote agent. BUEX has all the updates installed from live update.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You might want to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 to see if it helps.  Your current licence keys are still valid.  You can download R3 from either the fileconnect site or www.backupexec.com

tolinrome1
Level 5

ok, thats a idea I thought of as well, but wanted to know if there were any other possible solutions? Also, if I upgrade to R3 will it require an install for new remote agents?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

After upgrading media sever you need to upgrade remote agents too.