cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Errors

boydfish
Level 3
I am tearing out what little hair I have left because of recurring errors in my backup regime. I am getting errors that point to articles on the Symantec site but when I look at the resolutions and suggested setting changes they are correct. I get regular errors like:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000603 - The Backup Exec database indicates that the media that is currently mounted should be the continuation of the media that was just read. However, information recorded on the media indicates that it is not the continuation.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-1539

When I check the article my setting are exactly the same as the suggested ones.

The other is:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000602 - A query for media on which the data set being read is continued was unsuccessful. Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-1538

Yesterday I inventoried the Backup-to-disk folder to see if this prevented the error, but it is there again today on different scheduled jobs from yesterday!! Can some benius out there help this baffled user to get consistent good backups?
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Boyd,

Best bet is to update with the latest patches. 1 of them might actually address your issue. I have just resolved a B2D issue when backing up VMs (AVVI agent) to a NAS by updating to the latest patches.
That should be your first check...do that, and post the results after running your backup again!

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   

What version of BE?  If you are using BE 2010, I suggest upgrading to BE 2010 R2, which is a free upgrade.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Any news here?

ProductPro
Level 4
Employee Accredited

There are two technotes related to possible causes for this error. The first one is a bit old but may still be valid: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH46252.

The second is related to Synthetic backups. Are you doing a Synthetic backup? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77836

I hope this helps you.

Regards.