cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10 on 2003 Server accessing NT Servers

Level 2
We have Version 10 installed on a Windows 2003 Server.
We also use a pair of NT machines for Exchange Server 5.5 and SQL Server 7. We have the agents installed on those machines to backup the information store and the database, but... periodically it will hang the backup when it tries to do this. All other data on these machine back up just fine. Anyone run in to this problem?
6 REPLIES 6

Kerm
Level 5
I'n not sure I understand the details. What is hanging? The agents on the NT machines are V10 also? Are the Exchange and SQL backups at the end of the job stream?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
While both Exchange 5.5 and SQL7 are supported, according to http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm NT4 is not a supported OS, either for the media server or as a remote target.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Windows NT Operating Systems are not listed in Software Compatibility List hence not supported with Backup Exec version 10.0

Please refer to the Software Compatibility List of Backup Exec Version 10.0.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Gauri -

Why do you (both you personally and the other "techs" there ) insist on following a reply that quotes a TechNote with your own reply that quotes the same TechNote?

If you want say "Did the previous reply solve your problem?" or "as the previous reply said xxx is not possible" I have no quibble with that, but do give exactly the same response? I do have a problem with that.

And again, as has been pointed out multiple times, as used in your reply "your intimation" is a mis-use of the English language. What you mean is more properly "your response" or "a response"

Ashwin_Apte
Level 4
Thanks Ken for pointing out our mistake. In the future we will take care, that we reply taking into account the earlier responses.

Also thanks for the tip, we have changed our template accordingly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Coming back to the thread ... Try taking backups of Exchange and SQL in a separate job, other than the normal file level backup jobs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.