cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10.x stalling at 90% - elapsed time ongoing

foxyrider
Level 2

Hi

Having great trouble with Backup Exec this time. It is starting the backup and running normally but gets to 88 Gb and stalls. No errors are reported. It does not stop the backup it carries on four hours - never stops but never throws an error - I have done the usual things like updating hte LTO drive drivers, rebooting and rerunnind Backup EXEC. I have done a CHKDSK but has not found any HDD errors. Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Did this just start after working correctly for a while ?

Did anything change about the time that it started failing?

Is there an alert to "remove the tape and click OK" or "insert overwriteable media to continue"

if so, what kind of drive and media are you using?

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 07-02-2008 02:06 PM

foxyrider
Level 2
Yes it was working without any errors or problems for at least 2 weeks. We have a problem with our exchange server at the moment at the same time - slow response in outlook 2003 on our desktops with frequent server request pop-ups. The backup last night got to 90Gb but again is stalling. There is no aparent error even in the logs and no pop-up messages. We are using Quantum LTO 2 drive with 3M Ultrium media - I think they are around 200Gb uncompressed. Our Computer support has not sorted either out at the mo - rebooted and ran backup again to no avail. I think the exchange maybe due to an old router which feeds to half our workstations as I switch it off and then back on and it cures the exchange problem for an hour or so.