cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d (10.1)

Jody_Wong
Level 4
I had a full job setup that ran over the weekend. I needed to get something from there and when I go into the restore section of the program the job is unlisted. I know the Job ran as it shows it ran in the job monitor....

Why is my job not listed or how can I catalog the job back into the restore section? I need this ASAP!
7 REPLIES 7

Al_Wilson
Level 5
What does the job log say? It should detail which media the data was written to. Then it's just a case of cataloging those media.

Jody_Wong
Level 4
I found the tape the job was written to. I inventoried it, then I ran a catalog but the catalog keeps failing with this:

Job ended: Friday, November 03, 2006 at 8:56:47 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x80070057 - One or more arguments are invalid
Final error category: Other Errors

- Error - Mount failed.
One or more arguments are invalid

Al_Wilson
Level 5
This may be of help...

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281171.htm

If you still get errors, try deselecting/selecting the 'Use storage media-based catalogs' option in Tools>Options>Catalog.

Jody_Wong
Level 4
If I delete the devices in backup exec and let it redetect will anything happen to my scheduled jobs?

Al_Wilson
Level 5
No. All that will happen is that it may ask you (I can't remember offhand) to redirect the jobs to another device (since the one they're pointing to won't exist).

When you've got your devices back, check the jobs to ensure they're pointing to the correct devices, as sometime the name changes (e.g. a drive called HP 2 would be reinstalled as HP 3).

Jody_Wong
Level 4
Finally got it to catalog and all is well.

Thanks for the help!

ralph
Not applicable

Have just started encountering problems with symantec backup exec 12.0 when performing backups.   When I tried to do a quick erase on a media tape I got an failure error Final error: 0x80070057 - One or more arguments are invalid
Final error category: Other Errors.  Then I tried to perform a differential backup and the backup stayed queued without running.  I cancelled the backup job and when I checked the status log it said Error - Mount Failed.  The tapes are fairly new backup tapes and we have not made any changes to our current process.  What is causing this problem?