cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d IDR and WPA

Paul_McLaughl1
Level 2
I recently installed the IDR option onto our new server and after completing a full backup, created the IDR CD.

After performing a test restore with this, I am faced with a screen saying that Windows needs to be activated to use it. On trying to do so, I get
"A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0x80004005."

Most of the items on the 'net relating to this are related to Windows XP. I've tried booting into the recovery console and renaming wpa.dbl, pidgen.dll, actshell.html, licdll.dll, regwizc.dll, licwmi.dll and wpablan.exe and expanding fresh copies from the install CD - but this makes no difference.

I've found another reference to this in these threads, but no solution was given. Please advise as to how I can re-activate the server.
6 REPLIES 6

Paul_McLaughl1
Level 2
Oops, forgot to mention that is is a Windows 2003 SP1 server.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Paul,

- Had you given the Windows License key, when you created the IDR ISO Image?

- Also are you performing the Restore on the same machine?
Please go through the Following Article for further Information on this:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271711

Hope that helps.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Paul_McLaughl1
Level 2
Yes, I specified the same license key as was used for the original install and I am restoring onto the same server (which has had no hardware changes or anything that could confuse WPA).

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you selected an IDR "Assisted" or "Manual" mode?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Paul_McLaughl1
Level 2
I have managed a successful restore by using assisted mode and ensuring that both the C drive and shadow copy components were restored (which is what I assume the automatic mode does).

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Thanks for this update.

As your issue has been resolved, we are closing this thread.

Regards,