cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11D Version 7170 Not detecting Quantum PX500 Media changer under Robotic Libraries

Eduard
Level 2
I'm having a bit of a problem here, and hope some-one can assist. We have been running BE 11D Version 7170 for a while on a Win2003 Server. We have a quantum PX500 Medium changer with 2 tape drives.

Windows2003 sees the tape drives as well as the Quntum PX500 changer., but BE doesn't want to detect it. I have found a number of article in the knowledge base and a specific one states that you have to install be7170RHF16_32bit_290606.exe with specific information about which fixes should not be loaded. There was alo an article that states that you have to update your Adaptec SCSI controller to the latest driver. All these have been done, but still no luck.

When I run Backup exec Debug Monitor, the following message appear all the time:

PVLSVR:   [12/05/07 14:34:12] [1016] PvlDevice::ReadDeviceScsiInquiryInfo()
            0004:0000:0002:0000  "QUANTUM PX500           000E", "\\.\MediumChanger0"

Has anyone perhaps have an idea what this means and how to fix it.

Like I said our backups to tape worked perfectly, and then started failing. The only thing that has happened the day  before it failed was thte we connected an external storage device to our backup server via a Fibre channel to increase our B2D. My innitial thoughs were that there could be a driver conflict, and I started by just disabling the new driver of thFibre adapter, but this didn't do anything.

I hpe someone will be able to assist..

Thanks in advance.

E

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
E,

Run through this technote for me to gather logs from the server.  http://support.veritas.com/docs/285911  Enter in all 2's for the case number and select upload via FTP when prompted.  Private message me the file name when completed.

Eduard
Level 2
Hi, Thanks For the quick response. I got all the logfiles and uploaded to your ftp site. The file is called 222-222-222_ntfbak01.cab

Thanks

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Take a look at this technote: http://support.veritas.com/docs/289555

David_Davis_2
Level 3
Awesome!  I have been beating my head against a wall for a few days with the same problem concerning a Exabyte Magnum 1x7 Autoloader.  I removed version 5.0 of Powerpath and the library appeared immediately.  Thanks.