cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d Build 7170 "0x49d - The journal entry has been deleted from the journal"

johanpm
Level 2
This version of backup Exec fails with the same error as revision 6235. The hotfix 21, as described in
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288132.htm is not possible to install, as it is made for revision 6235.
Is there any hotfix available for revision 7170?
9 REPLIES 9

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi johan -

Did you resolve the Lotus issue in 6235 by installing HF 21?

I am assuming this is true but now after upgrading to 7170 the lotus issue has returned.

Is this correct?

- Jared

johanpm
Level 2
Hello.
I just installed version 11d with this build, which was available for download, so I have not installed the revision 6235. When I try to install the hotfix, I get a errormessage that the hotfix is for revision 6235. It then terminates and is impossible to install.

JohanPM

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
It sounds like you are using Backup Exec as a trial version, is that correct?

Since you did not have 6235 installed prior and have not verified that the issue you are receiving in 7170 is due to the same error which is resolved in HF 21 then I would suggest to call support and have them debug the agent on the Lotus server to ensure your issue is the same. There is not a Hotfix 21 or its equivalent for build 7170 at the moment.

If you are using Backup Exec as a trial version then I would get the download for 6235 and install all the necessary hotfixes (Especially HF21) and run your Lotus jobs using that. Then upgrade to 7170 when the equivalent HF is developed for 7170. 

If you are using a licensed version of 11d 7170 then I would definitely contact support to debug the agent on the Lotus Server in order to verify this is the same issue as seen in 6235 and corrected by HF21.

- Jared

johanpm
Level 2
Hello.
The installed version is downloaded and installed as a trialversion, but it is licensed now. I have tried support, but as the customer don't have i support agreement, they will not take my call unless I pay for the case. Our customer are not willing to pay for this. Is version 632 still available for download?

JohanPM

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
You can get 6235 from FileConnect. Here is a tech note with the information you need. It's also a good doc to keep filed away:

- Jared

johanpm
Level 2
Hello again.
I have tried that one, but the only verision i found available is 7170.

JohanPM

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Johan -

I have found through further research that 6235 is not available for download. If the error being received is due to the issue referenced to HF21 for 6235 then the workaround will need to be applied as indicated in the following tech note:

Development is working on creating the HF for 7170, however no ETA is able to be given at this time.

- Jared

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
The following are the list of possible workaround to solved the issue.

1. Restart both services on Media Server and Remote Agent.

2. Run a liveupdate or install a SP2.

3. A. Change the settings for the change Journal in the Registry to 0
HKLM\software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\domino > Enable change Journal.
B. Restart the remote agent services.
5.  To work around this issue, a Windows Scheduled Task can be created on the Lotus Server that stops and restarts the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent service after each completed backup. Note: After the single successful backup job has run, when editing the existing Lotus server backup job or creating a new one, clicking on a Domino machine then on “Lotus Domino Databases” in the ‘Selections’ pane may also cause a hang to occur.

wasw2009
Level 3
Hi,

we are getting the following message in the GRT enabled Backup. but  i can see the induvidual messages. but i haven't try to restore.
the message is
"The Backup Exec Remote Agent on the resource does not support the option to enable the restore of individual items. A backup was run, but you will not be able to restore individual items from this backup set
"

thanks in advance