cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d Installation Issues : Clustering

Adrian1
Level 2
Hello all, I'm trying to install BE 11D onto our Exchange Servers (using Test Environment to trial first). We have an Active/Passive Exchange 2003 Cluster to backup.

During the installation BE11D Asks which SQL Server to use, and i would like to use our SQL2000 Management Tool Cluster (SQL2000 Active/Passive) to install BE11D into.
On the first node, this works fine when i select the SQL Virtual Server, however, on Node2, when i select the SQL Virtual Server i get the error "A Backup Exec Database is already attached to Microsoft SQL Server %SERVERNAME%. etc" Which indicates to me, BE11D requires a seperate SQL Server for each installation. (Or SQL2005 Express).. (I'd really like to be able to specify a server AND a database, so i could have multiple copies of BE11D accessing 1 SQL Cluster??)

I'm happy to use SQL2005 Express for the installation, however, how does this then work when i use the BE11D Cluster Installation tool. The SQL2005 Instance is local to each machine in this case, how does the Job Engine failover??

I've been through all the BE11D Manuals and articles i could find, but couldn't see anything to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Adrian
0 REPLIES 0