cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d SP2 compatibility with Lotus Domino 8

CSI
Level 2
I have recently installed Backup Exec 11d on a new server with the Lotus Domino Agent.

I have ran LiveUpdate and updated to the very latest version.  I want to back up a remote Domino server on another server but when I expand the server in the selections list there is no Lotus Domino server displayed.

I have installed the remote agent on the Domino server and updated it to the latest version so as I understand it the selection dialog should pick up that a Domino server is installed on the remote machine and allow it to be selected.

I am running Domino 8.0.1 and wondered whether the Domino agent was compatible with this verison of Domino and if not why not.

TIA.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
According to the SCL, v11d only supports Domino v7 (for Lotus formatted databases only)

from the v12 SCL

The Backup Exec Agent for Lotus Domino supports Lotus Domino version 8.0/8.1 only on Windows 2003 (32bit) and Windows 2008 (32bit)systems

CSI
Level 2
Thanks Ken,

That's what I feared the answer was going to be as I'd already read through the SCL and noticed this.

I was hoping an official Symantec rep could tell me whether I need to upgrade to BE 12 or if there is going to be a hotfix for 11d to support Domino 8.

CSI