cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d getting Error Message when backing up

Golgo13
Level 3
An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of (server name)
The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backkup Exec Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
V-79-57344-3844 Tech note to Article
I tried all the fixes that the article recommended and I still get the same thing. This after an upgrade from version 11d to 11d again but with Revision 7170.
First a backup gets stuck in a queued status then after 5 to 10 mins the error appears and the job fails.
Any tips? Maybe do something physical with the drive?

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_
Not applicable

I had a similar issue whereby jobs went into a queued status. Mine was a little different in that I have two jobs configured (both b2D) a weekly full and a daily differential. The weekly full was working fine but the daily Diff job consistently went into queued. I tried creating new media along with all the other discussions...... but none of them worked.... I then saw a response from a Symantec employee on here which hinted that the backup will stay queued until the job can verify all media and devices it is going to backup and use as part of its job....... I then checked the job configuration and found that I could browse all servers selected in the job with the exception of one. I tried to stop and start the agents on the problem server but that didn’t work....only rebooting the problem server has allowed me to run the daily diff job......

if you cant be bothered to read above... try this..

open the job that’s failing from job setup

Go through the selections and check that you can browse all your selections.

If you find a problem with one that you can’t browse - reboot that device

Sometimes the simple things work.........the standard desktop fix worked in this case

Lars_H_F
Level 2
I got some of the similar problem.
Using BE 11d 7170

I have a B2D, from Exch2007 Single instance. The backup report is OK

Now I want to test Restore. I pick 1 single e-mail and try to restore it, select Run NOW.

The job will stays with status Queued and nothing happens.

Restore a single file to my fileserver works nice.

Regards
Lars H

Message Edited by Lars H F on 05-28-2008 02:15 AM

Message Edited by Lars H F on 05-28-2008 02:21 AM

Message Edited by Lars H F on 05-28-2008 02:21 AM