cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Reporting help

lokiju
Level 3

In Backup Exec 12.5 if you click on the "Job Monitor" tab and then click on the sub-tab labeled "System Summary" it give some good data that I"m looking for but not specifically what I'm seeking out.

Under the "Job Summary" section there's a line item called "Total Data Backed Up" and it's count is based of the range selection options of 1 to 72 hours only.

I'm only interested at this time in seeing that "Total Data Backed Up" count but for various time ranges or date ranges.

I went into the reporting tab and couldn't find anything that'd let me accomplish this, though I admit that it being as unintuitive as it is didn't help.

I'm trying to figure out how to run say a report for previous month total data backed up, previous week, previous day.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may want to try custom reports available with Backup Exec. There are different kinds of reports you can run, it can be media report where you find out total data written to a specific media or a set of media. Alternatively you can look for job history type of reports where you can find bytes processed by different jobs run across a defined period. You may want to explore different options available with customization of reports.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

lokiju
Level 3

That's the issue. I see that I can do custom reports but there doesn't seem to be any that I can find at least that offer a report that does just data backed up counts for per day, per week, per month and per year.

That is all I care to have reported but I just can't find a custom view for that.

SystemsAdminAS
Level 5
Lokiju,

I'm using 12.5 as well, and I created a report that simply shows the backup log for the last 7 days of time from whenever the report is run.  Click on the 'Report' tab and you should see a bunch of standard reports in the list, with 'Custom Reports' near the bottom.  Right click that and choose 'Create Custom Report'...

In the report writer that appears, you can then choose fields, formatting, and variables for your report - In order to get the fields you want, you'll have to select from each of the applicable groups, as well as perhaps checking the 'advanced' box near the bottom of the screen to get to all available fields.

The report writer doesn't allow for user interaction, either, so you will have to write different reports for each timeframe you want (last day, last week, last month, etc).