cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 and SharePoint Failures

jnickles
Not applicable

I have a new installation of Backup Exec 12.5 with the SharePoint Agent.  The databases for WSS 3.0 are on a separate SQL 2005 server.  I also have the SQL Agent.  I have created a backup-to-disk job and selected the entire WSS server farm that shows appropriately as a separate node in BE.  I also enabled GRT for the job so I can do individual document restores.

The backup job runs, but it fails.  It does backup quite a lot of data, but it generates the following errors under each of the content databases:

Media Label: IMG000001 GRT backup set folder: \\DD1\backup\BackupExec\B2D-DD1\IMG000001 This operation is being coordinated through the server: INTRANET Unable to attach to . V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.  Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

It appears to me that this has to do with the GRT portion of the backup.  I'd greatly appreciate any assistance on how to solve this.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY 1

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

If you are backing up a lot of data, my guess is that you are able to connect to the remote servers for backup but with Sharepoint content databases being backed up to disk, a normal attempt to connect to the locally stored database image is failing at the end of the backup.  The account used for this connection is the Backup exec 'System Logon Account'. This account can be deleted and if missing, this connection between the Backup Exec Job Engine and the local Remote Agent won't work properly.  In Backup Exec, go to Network | Logon Accounts and check for the existance of an account named 'System Logon Account'.  If it is there than this isn't your problem but if it's not then you need to create the account by clicking 'System Account' and creating one.  I'd recommend using the admin account that the Backup Exec services are running on (all but the Remote Agent service, it runs on 'Local System').  Uncheck 'restricted logon account' and check default. 

Russ